Subject: FW: Problem with bml-rt plugin on LW4 (Rev c) on Win95
From: Iain Young <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 1996 18:07:41 -0800

Hmm, I thought of this also, but I have re-downloaded the plugin and the   
sample .bmc files (using binary transfer), and am still getting the same   
error. I select the bml-rt plugin, up pops a file selector box, I click   
on one of the bmc files, and up pops the error message box complaining   
about problems with the "Magic number", (sorry can't remember the exact   
error message off the top of my head). This is using the NT version of   
LW4.0c on Win95 with 16Mb memory.

Any ideas?
Cheers,
Iain Young
email : [email-masked]

 ----------
From:  dwarner[SMTP:[email-masked]]
Sent:  22 February 1996 07:52
To:  lightwave
Subject:  Re: Problem with bml-rt plugin on LW4 (Rev c) on Win95

> Help.... I am having problems in running the bml-rt plugin on Win95,   
(the
> version I downloaded from the netcom site). The plugin installs ok, but   

> when trying to load any of the bmc files into it, I get an error   
(reports
> a problem with the magic number allocation !!). Has anyone out there   
got
> any ideas?

Just off the top of my head, are you transferring the *.bmc files using
ASCII or binary protocol?

BMC files are *binary*, unlike their parent BML files which are *ASCII*.   
 You
must use *binary* transfer mode when downloading the BMC files, or they   
will
be corrupted.

I have personally download the plugin and several BMC files, and they run
just fine under Windows NT and Windows 95.

Render me gone,               |||
Bob                         ^(===)^
 -------------------------oOO--(_)--OOo------------------------------------  
 --
Bob Hood, President | All governments suffer from a recurring problem:
Virtual Visions,Inc.| Power attracts pathological personalities.  It is   
not
Tel: 1.303.989.4191 | that power corrupts, but that it is magnetic to the
FAX: 1.303.727.7555 | corruptible.  Such people have a tendency to become
                    | drunk on violence, a condition to which they are
[email-masked]    | quickly addicted              - Frank Herbert
 --------------------------------------------------------------------------  
 --